A Transportation Service for Everyone
Seniors, Work-related, Medical-related, or premium transportation services arranged by Appointment.
With so many transportation assistance options it's difficult to sift through them all and find the one that will work for you. The NewFIT Program consolidates these options and offers you one phone number to call to get your ride.
The following is a list of some of the options that are utilized through the NewFIT Program, however under NewFIT you are eligible to get a ride even if you can't use any of these options:
- Medical Appointments
- Assistive Services
- On Demand Service
- Curb to Curb
- In Touch and Concerned Services
- Door Through Door ServicesDetails
Who Is Eligible?
Anyone is eligible to ride NewFIT, however persons with disabilities are given preference over able-bodied persons. Typically this is curb to curb service, if you need additional assistance or would like door to door or door through door service, please notify the scheduler when you call for your appointment.
Hours of Service:
Monday through Friday
6:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.
These hours represent first pick up and last return times.
Days of Operation:
NewFIT will operate Monday through Friday except New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
NewFIT will travel within the boundaries of Monongalia County and will be limited by trip availability and service demands.Fare
The cost to ride is $9.00 one way. If you are covered by Medicaid or other sibsidized services you are required to use those sources as available. All fares must be paid at the time of service or paid in advance unless prior billing arrangements have been made. If a rider is Medicaid eligible for transport, the billing number must be confirmed before service is provided.
||Charge each Way
||Age 60+, based on limited availibility
To make an appointment:
1. Fill out a call and ride application via 304-296-3869, online by clicking here,
or in person at the Depot downtown at 185 Garrett Street.
2. Call 304-296-3869 to set up an appointment. Also, be ready with your return trip information.
3. Be ready to leave 5 minutes prior to your pick-up time.
4. If you ever have to cancel, call 24 hours prior to your pick up time to avoid charges.
Safety & Security
For your safety and the safety of others, some items are restricted or prohibited on Mountain Line buses.• Seatbelts must be worn on the NewFIT buses
• No gasoline or flammable liquids
• Pets allowed only in pet crates (all trained service animals are allowed)
• No toboggans or sleds
• No furniture or mattresses
• No large pieces of lumber
• No open alcoholic beverages
• No car batteries
• No weapons of any kind
• Bikes are permitted (in bike racks on front of buses)
• Skateboards must be left with the driver upon boarding the bus
• Weapons recently purchased and in packaging material may be left with the driver, at the driver’s discretion
• Baby strollers, shopping carts and other items must be kept out of the aisles to avoid creating trip hazards or obstructions which might prevent emergency exiting from the bus
• For reasons of safety, other items may be prohibited at the discretion of your driver